Augusta Metro Chamber Announces 2017 “Top 10 in 10 Young Professionals to Watch”
Thursday, June 1st, 2017
The Augusta Metro Chamber of Commerce, in partnership with Augusta Magazine, is pleased to announce the 2017 “Top 10 in 10 Young Professionals to Watch.” After a competitive nomination process, these 10 rising business professionals have emerged as this year’s most promising young talent to watch over the next 10 years.
The following professionals have been named the 2017 “Top 10 in 10 Young Professionals to Watch”:
• Bhagelu Ram Achyut, PhD, Assistant Professor, Augusta University, Medical College of Georgia
• Aliegha Brigham, Project Manager, Augusta-Richmond County Tax Commissioner’s Office
• Curtis Briscoe, Commercial/Industrial Tax Appraiser III, Augusta-Richmond County Tax Assessor’s Office
• Daniel Burroughs, Managing Member, Attorney, Burroughs Elijah, LLC
• Karlton Clay, Founder, CEO, Victory Productions, LLC
• Bianca Islam, Research Assistant, Augusta University, Georgia Cancer Center
• Iryna Lebedyeva, PhD, Assistant Professor of Chemistry, Augusta University
• Paige Miller, Development Director, Hope House, Inc.
• James Scott Quarles III, Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach, Adjunct Professor, Augusta University
• Lindsey Swartzbaugh, Marketing and Business Development, R. W. Allen, LLC
The Top 10 will be featured in the June issue of Augusta Magazine, and the Chamber nominates these top young professionals for Georgia Trend magazine’s 40 under 40. In recognizing these individuals, the Chamber aims to expand recognition for Augusta’s young professional talent throughout Georgia. Mayor Hardie Davis, Jr. will honor each recipient at the Chamber’s Member Economic Luncheon on June 13 at the Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center.
Keynote speaker for the luncheon is Jennifer Bonnett, Advanced Technology Development Center, Georgia Tech, and she will discuss "Building an Entrepreneurial Tribe.” Tickets for the luncheon are $35 for Chamber members and $45 for prospective-members. Advanced registration is required. To register, call the Augusta Metro Chamber office at 706.821.1300 or visit AugustaMetroChamber.com. Deadline to register is Wednesday, June 7.