CSU’s Leadership Institute to Bring 2019 Jim Blanchard Leadership Forum to Columbus August 26-27
Friday, August 23rd, 2019
For the 14th year, the Jim Blanchard Leadership Forum, hosted by the Leadership Institute at Columbus State University, will bring a lineup of the best and brightest minds in the world to Columbus. This year’s event, themed “Science of Leadership” bring speakers from all realms of science and technology and features a futurist, revolutionist, entrepreneur and astronaut.
The two-day event, held at the Columbus Iron Works and Trade Center, begins at 1 p.m., Monday, Aug. 26 and runs through Tuesday, Aug. 27. Monday afternoon opens with Dr. Mae Jemison, the first African-American woman in space, and the evening features science popularizer and theoretical physicist Dr. Michio Kaku.
Speakers scheduled for Tuesday include U.S. Army Maneuver Center of Excellence Commanding General Gary Brito; Author and Chief Revolutionary of the Quiet Revolution Susan Cain; Leadership Expert and Best-selling Author John C. Maxwell; and Wired magazine’s Editor-in Chief Nicholas Thompson.
For the sixth year, students currently enrolled with a valid CSU ID can watch the forum, including Monday night’s keynote address with Dr. Michio Kaku, live via simulcast from the University Hall Auditorium.
The 14th annual speaker lineup includes:
· Dr. Mae Jemison, First African American Woman in Space, Founder and President, The Jemison Group and BioSentient Corp
· Chris Hodges, Founding and Senior Pastor, Church of the Highlands
· James Mahoney, Executive Director and Head of Autism at Work, JPMorgan Chase & Co.
· Aaron Horowitz, CEO and Co-founder, Sproutel
· Dr. Michio Kaku, Theoretical Physicist, Futurist and Science Popularizer
· James H. Blanchard – Chairman, Board of Advisors, JBA Capital, LLC
· Major General Gary Brito, Commanding General, U.S. Army Maneuver Center of Excellence
· Susan Cain, Author and Chief Revolutionary, Quiet Revolution
· Dr. John C. Maxwell, Leadership Expert and Best-Selling Author
· Nicholas Thompson, Editor-in-Chief, Wired magazine