GEA Fall Conference Schedule Released And Registration Open
Thursday, October 24th, 2019
Join Georgia Employers’ Association and business leaders across the state for our 2019 Fall Conference at The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Oconee on November 6-7, 2019. The theme for this year’s event is Meeting the Challenge! The conference’s valuable networking opportunities and array of expert speakers will provide you with new insights and successful HR strategies as we transition into 2020.
To accommodate those with tight schedules, conference sessions take place over one day— Thursday, November 7 from 9:00-5:00. Conference registration costs $170 for GEA members and $195 for non-members. The conference provides 6 SHRM PDC hours.
Hotel accommodations are available at The Ritz Carlton at a special conference rate. Please make your reservations by Tuesday, October 15 to secure the reduced conference rate.
Fall Conference Topics Include:
- Mock Union Campaign with W. Melvin Haas, III, and Jeffery Thompson, Partners at Constangy, Brooks, Smith, & Prophete, LLP Have you ever been through a union campaign? We will have Mel Haas and Jeff Thompson take you through a mock union campaign highlighting best practice actions.
- Emotional Quotient with Keiko Humphries, Humphries Consulting, Inc. You’ve heard about it in HR circles. We’ll present a comprehensive understanding of EQ and how it relates to IQ and why it may be a better predictor of employee development and success.
- Fraud Alert with Claire Cronin, Attorney, Constangy, Brooks, Smith & Prophete, LLP Spotting fraudulent WC claims, red flags and best practices. Plus a short legal update including recent board rule/statute changes.
- The Price is Right with Jonathan Martin, Partner, Constangy, Brooks, Smith & Prophete, LLP The average law suit costs more than $100,000 to take to motion for summary judgment. The average cost to defend a corporation in a litigated employment trial is over $250,000. We’ll dive into understanding how jury’s really work in employment litigation.
- Progressing from a Traditional Manger to a Strategic Leader with Pete Tosh, Founder of the Focus Group Assisting leaders and managers who want to improve their ability to identify and achieve strategic business results while meeting their personal performance objectives.
- Working Lunch Q&A Session
- Valuable HR Legal Updates
Register by November 1 at https://georgiaemployers.org/2019-fall-conference/