Eric Tanenblatt on the goBeyondProfit Initiative
Thursday, June 14th, 2018
Principal and Head of Public Policy Practice at Dentons Eric Tanenblatt talks about the business leader led initiative goBeyondProfit and taking the pledge to give back to your community.
Civic-minded business leaders across Georgia today launched goBeyondProfit — a first-of-its-kind, business leader-led initiative that shines a light on corporate generosity of all kinds and invites every statewide business leader to join.
With a shared belief that giving back is good for business and good for Georgia, goBeyondProfit celebrates the extraordinary ways businesses give back to communities.
Founded by Jackson Healthcare and led by inaugural ambassadors, goBeyondProfit encourages business leaders and owners across the state to sign the goBeyondProfit pledge. With the pledge, Georgia businesses of all sizes and stages are encouraged to find and invest in creative ways to give back that align with their unique business models. More than 50 companies have already signed the pledge in support of the initiative's launch.
"We believe that business is a tremendous force for good in our communities," said Richard L. Jackson, chairman and CEO of Jackson Healthcare. "We also believe that by celebrating all the ways companies are being generous and raising awareness about the value of giving back, others will want to join in."
The goBeyondProfitfounding ambassadors are:
- Juanita Powell Baranco, co-owner, Mercedes-Benz of Buckhead
- Don Barden, CEO, 3Ci
- Frank Blake, former chairman and CEO, The Home Depot
- Paul Bowers, chairman, president and CEO, Georgia Power
- Millard Choate, chairman and CEO, Choate Construction
- Chris Clark, president and CEO, Georgia Chamber of Commerce
- Clark Dean, president, Rotary Club of Atlanta; senior managing director and partner, Transwestern Commercial Services
- Walter M. "Sonny" Deriso Jr., chairman of the board, Atlantic Capital Bank
- Sam L. Gude III, CEO, Gude Management Group
- Glen Jackson, co-founder, Jackson Spalding
- Rick Jackson, chairman and CEO, Jackson Healthcare
- Mary Laschinger, chairman and CEO, Veritiv
- Bernie Marcus, co-founder, The Home Depot; chairman of The Marcus Foundation
- Eric Tanenblatt, principal and chair, Public Policy Dentons
Business leaders wishing to take the pledge and share a story of corporate generosity may join at www.gobeyondprofit.org/pledge.
"We want business leaders across the state to know that if they are giving back in some way, they are in good company," said Jackson. "The goBeyondProfit initiative is an ideal way to share best practices and learn from each other. The aim is to make giving back the norm for all Georgia businesses."
To be included in our video interviews or if you need video services for your company, please contact us.